The UR-DATA project aims to significantly strengthen research capacity and scientific excellence at Faculty of Economics, University of Niš in Serbia (FEUN) by linking it with two internationally-leading research intensive institutions such as POLIEDRA and Oslo Metropolitan University (OSLOMET), conducting a series of joint activities regarding the analysis of smart and sustainable performance of cities, focusing in particular on cities and municipalities in Serbia and urban development problems in post-transition countries.
The project outcomes are expected to contribute to:
- improved excellence capacity and resources of FEUN,
- enhanced strategic networking activities between FEUN and two leading institution such as POLIEDRA and OSLOMET,
- raised reputation, research profile and attractiveness of FEUN and the research profile of its staff in the field of urban analytics and smart and resilient urban development,
- strengthened research management capacities and administrative skills of the staff at FEUN,
- improved research creativity at FEUN supported by development of new approaches in R&I collaboration and increased mobility of qualified scientists and researchers, especially between FEUN and POLIEDRA and OSLOMET.
Poliedra contributes to the project activities and is responsible for the two Work Packages “Raising the research profile of FEUN and its staff” and “Forming project management unit within FEUN”.