Stazione Radio – Prima fermata, is a project promoted by Social Green Way – Impresa Sociale srl with the partnership of Poliedra and co-funded by Fondazione Comunità di Milano. The project aims to start the regeneration of the RFI Milano Centrale’s railway electrical substation, located on Naviglio Martesana, requalifying the building and giving it a new function, making it the starting point to the territorial discovery, the headquarter of the radio, the events and the training and educational courses.
The project has four main objectives:
- Promotion and enhance of the territorial attractiveness on a local scale, building up urban regeneration process, and on a over-local scale, promoting Martesana area;
- Dissemination of environmental, economical and social sustainability themes, promoting individual and collective best practices;
- Enhancing the cultural and aggregation offer of the area, to guarantee a more equal access to human capital;
- Improve the social cohesion and inclusion of more fragile categories of citizens with the aim of social innovation.
To foster the creation of urban regeneration projects involving all the Naviglio Martesana territory and beyond, Poliedra supports Social Green Way in the creation of a dialogue with the territorial stakeholders to create a collaborative strategy about the Martesana area, to make it more inclusive, attractive and sustainable..
Poliedra activities are:
- territorial stakeholder mapping;
- the support for the creation of a shared vision on the sustainable promotion of the Martesana area;
- organisation of the engagement of a first nucleus of stakeholders and organized realities active in the area, promoting two meetings for participants’ mutual understanding and the discussion between them on the issues of active mobility and environment, inclusion and growth of the community, tourism, culture and narration of the territory.
Client: Social Green Way – Impresa Sociale Srl.
Co-funded by Fondazione Comunità di Milano
Period: 2020 – 2023