Strategic Environmental Assessment of ERDF Regional Programmes
Poliedra provides technical support for the Strategic Environmental Assessment processes of the ERDF (European Regional Development Fund) Regional Programmes of Lombardy, Sardinia and Valle d’Aosta.
The programmes develop their strategies within the framework defined by Regulation (EU) 2021/1060, activating its strategic objectives:
- SO1 A more competitive and smarter Europe
- SO2 A resilient, greener and low-carbon Europe
- SO4 A more social and inclusive Europe
- SO5 A Europe closer to citizens
Two peculiarities have characterized these SEA processes:
- Firstly, the contextualization with reference to the regional Sustainable Development Strategies, which implement the Agenda 2030 and the National Strategy at the regional level. The SEA verifies the degree of coherence of the programme with the strategy (external coherence analysis) and builds guidelines and a monitoring system capable of verifying the contribution of the programme’s implementation to the sustainability objectives.
- The second element is given by the verification of the Do No Significant Harm (DNSH) Principle, conducted within the SEA by fully integrating the two assessments and enhancing the synergies between the two approaches.
Period: 2020 – 2022